Random Bit provides IT consulting, staffing, and solutioning services. We promote a culture of integrity, honesty and accountability in execution of our duties and encourage creative problem solving and the expression of ideas in a mutually respectful manner.
The IT Technical Writer/Business Analyst will be responsible for creating, writing, and editing documentation for standards, business practices and processes. This position will work with technical analysts, developers and architects to identify, clarify and document software engineering patterns that support the standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interview subject matter experts, technical staff, and architects to collect information on opportunities for standards and design patterns.
- Prepare document outlines to manage expectations with stakeholders.
- Prepare easy-to-understand documentation and supporting document images.
- Develop assessment frameworks against which projects will be tested for conformance to standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ Years proven working experience in business analysis and/or technical writing.
- Desired - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience working in the Health and Human Services field, preferably Medicaid
- Experience with developing technology policies and standards a definite plus
- Involvement with a Software Engineering Process Group a definite plus
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Ability to collaborate closely with others
- Experience working in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Experience with, or exposure to, Big Data / NoSQL concepts preferred
- Experience with, or exposure to, the Oracle Stack preferred
Full-time, W2 with competitive salary and benefits. No Corp to Corp (C2C) or 1099 employees.