Random Bit is a technology consulting company that specializes in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, process improvement, root cause analysis and turnaround of troubled enterprise wide projects. We promote a culture of integrity, honesty and accountability in execution of our duties and encourage creative problem solving and the expression of ideas in a mutually respectful manner.
The Enterprise Architect has a strong technical background and ability to work across the enterprise with business and technology to develop solutions to meet the needs of the business within the Enterprise Architecture guidelines. Your job will be to create an overview of our assets, IT processes, business development strategies and other internal functions to establish and implement changes that will increase operational sustainability and prepare for future solution expansion.
You will be working with Solution Architects and should have experience and skills with integration architectures, architectural patterns, and Service Oriented Architecture within the context of Health and Human Services, preferably Medicaid.
We require great skills in negotiation, presentation, collaboration and relationship management to be able to develop solutions that meet the needs of the business addressing key strategic initiatives while delivering high performing integrated solutions. Your demonstrated experience with full cycle solution development and implementation along with ability to achieve adoption will be critical to your success in this leading organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) including design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Recommends and participates in the design and implementation of standards, tools and methodologies.
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
- Collaborates with projects to review the objectives and constraints of each solution across the Medicaid enterprise and determine conformance with the EA, SOA, and software engineering patterns. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Ensures that technology solutions are properly secured, according to Identity Management and Access control standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years enterprise architecture experience
- Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEA, MITA, etc.
- Experience with developing architecture models in the Health and Human Services sector
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture in the Health and Human Services sector
- Desired - Experience working with Big Data and NoSQL technologies.
- Desired - Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in the Medicaid context.
- Desired – Experience with Identity and Access Management technologies.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate closely with others
- Implementation and experience in related project roles such as system analyst, developer, implementer, integrator, test analyst, team leader and/or software architect
This position is a 12-month contracting position with the potential to be renewed yearly.
Alternatively contract to hire opportunity